Friday, February 20, 2009

Epi 11: Bye, Streamyx.

I am finally using P1 W1MAX wireless broadband. Well, it signifies the end of using Streamyx service in my family. I am kinda begrudge to say goodbye to Streamyx because I have used its service since I was Standard Five. I used to be a Streamyx fan, but now I have to tell you Streamyx really sucks to the maximum! It pisses me off these few months by disconnecting all the time. I am sick of it but I feel relief after using wireless Internet. Today, I go to a telecommunication shop and tell the person-in-charge that I want to sign up for P1 W1MAX. I sign a two-year contract and I get a FREE modem which cost RM999 (written on the brochure). Come on, This is totally crap! If a modem really costs that much, it will not be free for the subscribers. A person who sign up for one-year contract will have to pay RM199 for the modem. If two-year contract, the modem is totally free. After all, it is about the psychology effect to hit the market! After the registration, I go a computer shop to buy a wireless router. When I bring it home, I have difficulty to configure the settings. Damn. I should have asked the shopkeeper to configure it instead of teaching me. I bring back the router to the shop and ask him to configure it for me. Goobye, Streamyx. :)

Word for today : highfalutin
Meaning : Self-important, arrogant, egotistical

"A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click."

3 comments:

  1. feelt so nice to read wat u wrote ~
    gambarteh ~
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. my place P1 is not strong urgh!!! yes...streamyx is so so slow!!!

    ReplyDelete