Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Epi 10: English is tough?


I would like to share with you the twenty reasons why English is hard to learn:

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6. He decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
8. The dove dove into the bushes.
9. I did not object the object.
10. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
11. A row of oarsmen is learning how to row.
12. He is a English but he does not speak English.
13. I can't intimate this to my most intimate friend.
14. A sewer fell down into a sewer line.
15. The farmer taught his sow to sow.
16. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
17. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
18. Upon seeing he tear in the painting I shed a tear.
19. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
20. Deer does funny things when does are present.

Have fun confusing! XD

Word for today : ambidextrous
Meaning : two-handed, equally skillful with each hand

"Language forces us to perceive the world as man presents it to us."

1 comment: