Monday, January 26, 2009

Epi 5: Happy Chinese New Year!

Gong Xi Fatt Chai!! Where is my angpau folks? Just kidding. During the first day of chinese new year, most of my family members did not sleep because they wanted to stay up late and gamble. According to the Chinese Zodiac, Ox year was a bad year for people whose zodiac were goat. I was born in the year of goat and unfortunately, I was chosen by my family members to become the banker, again. I really couldn't help it since I won plenty of their money for the past few chinese new years. They wanted to "revenge" and get back the money. Haha. Well, I had no luck this time but money to lose. It was painful but I would take it easy since we only gamble once a year. At 9 a.m. in the morning, we went to Tian Hou Temple for prayers. Our sleepless eyes were very heavy, Zzzz. In the temple, I was surprised when a foreigner from UK said hello to me. Maybe I looked very friendly to him. XD After our visit to the temple, we went to Starbuck to get ourself awake with the coffee. Hey, I really need "hibernation" right now. Adios. By the way, Happy Chinese New Year and wish you guys all the best in your future endeavours!

On the way to Tian Hou Temple.

Tian Hou Temple.

I was born in the yeat of goat.

Scene in the temple.

Attraction spot in the temple.

Happy Starbucking! Feel like punching me? lol.

Word for today : gutsy
Meaning : courageous and determined

"A new year, a new life, a new start, but same goal."

No comments:

Post a Comment