Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Epi 2: I hate manual cars.


Driving was a spectacular form of amnesia. I never thought driving manual cars was so difficult! I have learnt driving manual cars for about six hours and I still could not get used to controlling the pedals and the handbrake. It was a gruelling morning. I was unable to concentrate on driving today. Lack of sleep I guess. I slept at 1.00 a.m. last night and I found it difficult to wake up at 7.30 a.m. The driving instructor came my house at about 8.10 a.m. I was asked to drive myself to Taman Yarl. People who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth stayed there. Luxury houses and extravagance cars. o.o After driving about an hour, the instructor asked me to park at the roadside and we rest for about 5 minutes. He said the way I drove was perilous because I was driving too close with the stationary objects on the roadside. My instructor was long-winded, though. He did not scold me but what he said was grating on my ears. I reached home at 10 a.m. Phew ... another driving lesson was over. I learnt how to drive on the slope, control the clutch, the brake and the accelerator proficiently but above all, I learnt the importance of driving safely and being vigilant on the road. Well, my eyelids are heavy now, got to find Duke of God. ZzZzz

Word for today : dubious
Meaning : doubtful, hesitating

"Living with a conscience is like driving a car with the brakes on."

No comments:

Post a Comment