Friday, April 16, 2010

High School Life.

As much as I'm enjoying the college life in TARC, I would say that I still miss my high school life.

In an ALL boys school, we enjoy doing GAY stuff, talk dirty jokes, play truants and LAUK (beating up) someone who is on his birthday. We always play football and basketball more than study. Those were the days.

Being a class representative of the 5 Hijau, the pride was there. There were lots of bright students, lots of prefects, lots of chairpersons, lots of sportsmen, lots of debators, and all excellent teachers!

I was active in co-curriculum activities. I joined Red Crescent Society, Chinese Language Union, Board of Monitors etc. I also took part in track and field events such as long jump, relay race and triple jump every year during Sports Day.

Since it was all boys school, joining these activities especially the uniform bodies would be very tough as the rules & regulations were very strict and the physical trainings were dreadfully vigorous. Seniority was an imperative thing in my high school and the punishments for mistakes were extreme as you might get bleeding (it is due to push-ups on tar road using knuckles).

"Scholar, Sportsman and Gentleman" was our school motto and that's what the school has taught us to become one. However, I need to bulk up as these values are starting to lose out from me. Deterioration of my exams result shows that I am no longer a scholar. Gentleman? I believe that I have SATISFACTORY standard of manner and behaviour. Just because I tease you, I make fun of you, and I do not treat you as good as others do, that does not mean I am not a gentleman. Sportsman? Yeah, I'm still active in sports.

Dear Victorians, let us be yet wiser and always keep in touch with your old friends!

"Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser."

No comments:

Post a Comment