Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tai Sui.


Sorry for deserting my blog for quite some time, even it is holiday now. For your information, I am back to Himawari for part-time job. The boss requested me to work almost everyday and today is my off day. Anyway, another objective during the holiday is achieved - I got a part-time job. Two down, FIVE to go. =)

For those who do not know, Himawari is a Japanese restaurant which is located inside the Kuala Lumpur Japan Club, Seputeh and it is just a throwing stone distance from Midvalley Megamall. I am glad to meet the colleagues again as they are really friendly people.

This morning, my mum accompanied me go to the temple near Petaling Street for a prayer session. The purpose of the prayer is to worship the Lord of Tai Sui, as my Chinese Zodiac (Goat) has offended the Tai Sui this year, the Year of Ox. I had signed up for the Tai Sui Blessing Ceremony during the Lunar New Year period, and now it is the time to show my gratitude to the Lord of Tai Sui through the Thanks-giving Ritual.

Tai Sui (太岁) refers to stars directly opposite to Jupiter, also known as the God of Health, Prosperity and Luck. They influence the Chinese Zodiac, and are also a theory in religious Taoism and Feng Shui.

In the Chinese zodiac, there are sixty heavenly generals who assist the Jade Emperor in taking charge of the well-being of the Mortal World. Each of them takes turn to be in charge for a year. Due to most of them having a military background, they are normally known as the Military Generals, or as the Cycle Gods. Each of their features and weapons signifies the well-being of that year. For example, if the Tai Sui of the year is one who holds a pen, it signifies political unrest for that particular year. On the other hand, if the Tai Sui of the year holds a spear or sword it signifies the need to work hard and excel for that year.

Those whose Chinese Zodiac is offended, or by their sign conflict or clashes with the Tai Sui of the year are advised to go through a prayer session in a temple with a Spiritual Master to ask for blessing in obtaining Peace and Good Fortune throughout the year.
(adapted from Wikipedia)

To know more about the ceremony relating the Lord of Tai Sui, click here.

I going to work tomorrow. Good night. ZzzZzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment