Saturday, September 24, 2011

Back to KL

Hey, peeps. I'm back! An awesome food trip in Penang and Ipoh.

Places we have visited:

1. Gurney Plaza

Visited the eateries nearby to enjoy various cuisine such as grilled fish, fried oyster omelette, char kuey teow, prawn mees and etc. After dinner, we went to the plaza for awhile to get some groceries.

2. 1st Avenue Mall

It's a newly opened city mall in the heart of Georgetown along Jalan Magazine. The mall spreads over 7 retail levels. The architecture of the building is very modern and stylish.

3. Paradise Sandy Beach

One of the most famous beaches in Penang. Beaches are my favorite. I really enjoyed the breeze and the sound of seawaves.

4. Chew Jetty

The biggest waterfront village in Georgetown. 'Chew' is a famous last name and this means that the entire long stretch of jetty are residents with the surname 'Chew'. A must-visit tourist attraction.

5. Penang Road Cendol Stall

Located in a quite secluded street near Prangin Mall. Well, I think the Melaka one is still the best. =P

6. Penang Hill

The railway system has improved vastly. I remembered taking half an hour to reach the hill and the rail is stuffy. Now, it only takes about 5 minutes and the rail has good ventilation with air conditioner.

7. Kek Lok Si Temple

The largest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia. Also known as The Temple of Supreme Bliss. We also visited a eatery nearby for the most famous Asam Laksa in Penang.

8. Lou Wong Restaurant

Ate the Ipoh's famous bean sprout chicken and kuey teow here. We also went to the shop nearby to buy local products.

I'm still waiting my friend to upload the photos. Stay tuned for my Facebook! =D

p/s: The image above is my most favorite photo taken during the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment