Monday, July 19, 2010

After Pre-U.


After some time for consideration, I have decided to take Bachelor of Language and Linguistics (Japanese) in Universiti Malaya (UM) after my A-levels. Well, I would like to become a translator or language lecturer in the future. =)

Programme Overview

This programme is a major in Japanese. Upon graduation, candidates will be conferred with Bachelor of Language and Linguistics degree.

As the world's second most powerful economy and one of the world's most technologically advanced societies, Japan is an important market to explore in trade and technology transfer. However, Japan has enjoyed a cultural boom in recent decades thanks mostly to the global acceptance and appreciation of its rich cultural heritage and art forms.

The Japanese language, with all its delicate intricacies remains a difficult language to fully master, spoken or written. The Bachelor of Language and Linguistics (Japanese) programme takes students on a 3-year journey through this rich and subtle language.

Course Modules

Core Subjects
Ethnic Relationships
Islamic Civilization and Asian Civilization (TITAS) (Paper I)
Islamic Civilization and Asian Civilization (TITAS) (Paper II)
Information Skills
Thinking and Communication Skills
Introductory Linguistics
Introductory Semiotics
Academic Writing
Introductory History of Linguistics
The World’s Major Languages
Language and Meaning
Intercultural Communication
Language Skills I, II, III, IV, V and VI
Language and Literature I and II
Language Phonetics and Phonology
Language Morphology
Language Syntax
Language and Civilization I and II
Language for Special Purposes
Language Discourse and Text
Evolution of Language
Two-way Translation I and II
Geographical Influence on Language Variation

By the way, I really hate HISTORY! Hope there will not be so much of history studies if I have the chance to take this course in UM. I have to sign up for Malaysian University English Test (MUET) in January next year as it is one of the requirements to enter the local university.

Wish me luck peeps! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment