Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Epi 23: JPA Scholarship Interview.

Wake up at 6am in the morning. It's been a long time since I last wake up at this time. Get myself clean and put on my smart clothes. Together with my parents and sister, I'm on my way to Putrajaya International Convention Centre(PICC). Kinda lost at first because Putrajaya is really big. After asking for the right direction, we reach PICC at 7.30am.

A sea of faces when we've reached there. Every candidate is busy looking for his/her name in the attendance list and putting signature. There are 15 panels in total and I will be interviewed in Panel 1. =)

JPA's interview has always been in groups. While waiting for my turn, I try to find my group members and I manage to mingle with all of them. We exchange lots of idea about the interview and even joke around to reduce our nervousness.

After we enter the interview room, we are asked to introduce ourself in the language that we are comfortable with. I speak in English because I'm comfortable with it and OBVIOUSLY, my Bahasa Melayu sucks! LOL.

Next, one of the interviewer makes a statement that the education system in Malaysia is able to train student to be innovative and creative. He asks our opinions and guess what? We have to speak in Bahasa Melayu! I speak the language awfully while giving my opinion. I was like,


OH MY GODNESS!


Another interviewer asks us how are we going to promote our country while studying abroad. This time, we have to speak in English. I feel relief and speak as much as I can to cover the mistake that I have done before.

I screwed the JPA scholarship interview. Well, there is no way I can redo my interview until the time machine is created. I have tried my best and what is done is done. I have no regret going for this interveiw as I get to meet new friends and get some valuable experience.

Good luck and all the best! =D

Word for today : parsimonious
Meaning : stingy

"An interview has become such a confrontational thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment